Assure all needs are met relating to the provision of patient care in the Faculty Practice clinic. Assist doctors with set up and rendering of various treatment procedures. Provide patients with quality care and treatment in a manner that is comfortable for the patient. Manage equipment and inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Perform dental assisting duties as they relate to each specific clinical procedure as needed. This includes chair side assisting using four handed dentistry, operatory set up and breakdown following proper infection control procedures.
(2) Periodontal charting and documenting as necessary using the electronic health record.
(3) Expose, process and mount digital radiographs
(4) Take preliminary impressions and pour models.
(5) Develop, oversee and maintain an efficient control log for routine maintenance such as: suction lines, suction traps, suction filters, oxygen tanks, water bottles and filters, and ultrasonic tank.
(6) Ensure that all materials and supplies are readily available and stocked at all times. Maintain order lists for instruments, materials, supplies regularly.
(7) Maintenance of all instruments and equipment.
(8) Maintain clinic laboratory, including organization and management of lab cases.
(9) Assist with front desk responsibilities as needed. Includes but not limited to making appointments, answering multi-line telephone, patient check-out and collecting payments using CashNet.
(10) Educating patients, maintaining proper records and other patient related duties.
(11) Perform light housekeeping and maintaining operatory cleanliness.
(12) Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma or equivalent Associates Degree preferred.
3 years minimum chairside experience in a busy multi provider dental office.
5 years experience working as a chairside dental assistant assisting with complex surgeries and complex restorative cases.
Experience working with an electronic health record.
Professional telecommunication skills.
Working knowledge of dental insurance and computerized appointment scheduling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of dental terminology, dental procedures, and dental treatment codes.
Knowledge and experience assisting in implant placement and other complex surgeries.
Quality interpersonal communication skills.
Thorough knowledge of current dental instruments, materials and supplies.
Competent exposing, processing and mounting digital radiographs.
Competent taking and pouring preliminary impressions.
Quality interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Must be able to sit, bend, and reach for extended periods while assisting during dental procedures.
Must be able to move freely throughout the building.
Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Busy dental practice environment with standard dental operatories.
Current CPR/BLS certification Current Radiology certification CDA/RDA preferred
Salary/Pay Information: $14.50 per hour
Monday – Friday 40 hours/week Generally 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: SF9970-TD001-0626-1008
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.