Location: Newark, Delaware
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Our amazing Pharmacy Team dispenses approximately 6,200,000 individualized patient doses per year, as well as 170,000 retail/mail order prescriptions. We provide medications that are safe and efficacious.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most meaningful decisions. ChristianaCare has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health. Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
The Christiana Retail Outpatient Pharmacy Department is currently recruiting for a full-time Pharmacy Technician to work Day Shift. Applicants must have flexible scheduling and be able to work at all three Retail Outpatient Pharmacy Department sites. Applicants will be required to work weekends as required. No holidays are required.
Locations: The Wilmington Hospital Outpatient Retail Pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5pm. The Christiana Outpatient Retail Pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8am-8pm & 9am-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The Mail Order Pharmacy operates Monday through Friday 8:30 am-5pm.
- Fill patient prescriptions to include data entry, insurance billing, and appropriate labeling and packaging, for pharmacist verification.
- Assist the pharmacist in providing timely, efficient, cost effective, and appropriate pharmaceutical care to the patient
- Make medication credit and charge adjustments via the computer system
- Ensuring any extra medication is returned to stock
- Reorder medications in short supply to restock the pharmacy
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Answer telephone and greets personnel coming into the pharmacy in a courteous and friendly manner
- Provides necessary information regarding patient drug orders
- Refers problems and drug information inquiries to the pharmacist as required
- Orients and trains new pharmacy personnel
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification through PTCB required
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience required
- Experience with McKesson Enterprise application preferred
- Previous pharmacy experience preferred
- Knowledge of generic and trade names of formulary drugs
- Ability to type and perform basic math calculations
- Computer experience preferred
- Excellent customer service required
- Ability to handle high volume
Incredible Work/Life benefits including medical/dental/ vision insurance coverage on your first day of employment, paid PTO, retirement plans, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver.