Location: Elkton, Maryland
The ChristianaCare General Laboratory Department, located at the Cecil County campus, is currently recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Laboratory Technician to work in a casual position. This position would be 2 to 3 shifts per month and could be on day, evening, or midnight shift.
Experience in Chemistry and Hematology is strongly preferred.
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as instructed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- For Medical Laboratory Scientist position - Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science; or equivalent BS degree which requires completion of clinical rotations through an approved education program
- For Medical Laboratory Technician position - Associate of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Laboratory Science; or equivalent AS degree which requires completion of clinical rotations through an approved education program
- ASCP certification preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
- Skill in the use of automated laboratory equipment