Location: Newark, Delaware
This position may be eligible for a $10,000 Sign On Bonus.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most important decisions. ChristianaCare is ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation and has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health.
ChristianaCare is recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work full time in a midnight shift position. Every third weekend required. Two to three holidays per year required.
Experience in Chemistry and Hematology is strongly preferred.
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as instructed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- For Medical Laboratory Scientist position - Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology, Medical Laboratory Science; or equivalent BS degree which requires completion of clinical rotations through an approved education program
- For Medical Laboratory Technician position - Associate of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Laboratory Science; or equivalent AS degree which requires completion of clinical rotations through an approved education program
- ASCP certification preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
- Ability to use automated laboratory equipment
Incredible Work/Life benefits including medical/dental/ vision insurance coverage on your first day of employment, paid PTO, retirement plans, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver!