Location: Miami, Florida
Works under the direction of the Supervisor and Manager of Sterile Processing to provide sterile processing for all reusable instruments and trays through the decontamination process, prep sterilization, storage and distribution. Dispenses all direct orders received. Prepares case carts and supplies OR requests. Maintains inventory of sterile/non-sterile supplies and equipment used in the treatment of patients. Ensures compliance with the AAMI, OSHA, and AORN standards and guidelines.
***This position is for weekend schedule, Sat & Sun 6:00pm to 6:00am and Mon & Tues from 10pm to 6:30am***
Minimum Job Requirements:
Prior customer service experience
Essential Job Duties:
Patient Care Activities:
- Processes and decontaminates all biological indicators, instruments, trays, carts according to industry standards of AAMI.
- Assembles, sterilizes, records and stores all reusable instruments, trays and carts.
- Evaluates and inspects all instruments, and equipment for function and cleanliness as per AAMI standards.
- Utilizes resources including One Source.docs database and manufacturer guidelines to ensure that all cleanliness standards are being met.
- Provides assistance & training to new employees.
- Monitors inventory & assures that supplies are adequate, properly stored and rotated.
- Responds to all telephone and operating room calls/ and intercoms in an effort to improve communication.
Safety and Quality:
- Follows universal precautions (i.e.; donning of Personal Precaution Equipment (PPE), disinfection of equipment) according to safety guidelines outlined by the manufacturers.
- Documents each step of the process in the sterilization. Performs and reports all tests, reviews and document based on AAMI standards
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
STERILE PROCESSING SUPPLY-2100-719000