All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule:Full Time/Part Time/PRN
Shift: Varies (8 or 12 hour shifts available)
The role you’ll contribute:
An EKG Monitor Technician works under the direction of the professional nurse providing close surveillance of EKG monitors and communicating the rhythm status to the nurses. Adheres to AdventHealth’s Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
* Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Quality & Service Excellence, Community Well-Being, High Ethical Standards, Stewardship, and Inclusiveness; as outlined in the organization’s Professional Practice Model.
* Performs properly and legibly documents in accordance with department policy. Documents in telemetry logbook.
* Continuously observes monitors.
* Recognizes and documents normal EKG patterns. Recognizes abnormal patterns and notifies nursing staff promptly. Maintains telemetry printout during cardiac arrest and as indicated.
* Maintains monitor alarms per policy. Verifies that monitor alarms are set and audible every shift. Troubleshoots monitors as needed
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Monitor technician experience or successful completion of AdventHealth Monitor Technician training program or equivalent.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.