Location: Elkton, Maryland
ChristianaCare, Union Hospital is looking for a Casual Part-Time Radiologic Technologist who will utilize our core values of Love & Excellence to provide the highest level of care to our patients.
Job Summary: A Radiologic Technologist utilizes medical diagnostic radiation in the production of medical images in the performance of radiologic procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for positioning patients, adjusting proper exposure techniques with the least radiation exposure, distinguishing acceptable radiographs, use of protective shielding, use and care of personal dosimeters, preparation and administration of chemical mixtures for the visualization of anatomy.
- The primary concern is the lessening of discomfort for the patient, assuring privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
- Protects patient, self, and other staff from radiation hazards.
- Takes X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis.
- Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
Education: Graduate of Approved School of Radiologic Technology required.
Licenses / Certifications: ARRT Registry, Maryland State Certificate, American Heart Association BLS
Experience: One year experience as Radiologic Technologist preferred.